Friday, 22 April 2016

APP REVIEW - Zombies Run


Zombies, Run! is an ultra-immersive running game and audio adventure for iPhone and Android, created by Six to Start and award-winning novelist Naomi Alderman. Almost three million players worldwide run to the perfect mix of heart-pumping audio drama and pulse-pounding songs from their own playlists.


It had me at zombies of course, what could be better than walking along listening to a bit of Fleetwood Mac or some Taylor Swift whilst getting chased by the walking dead, I mean it is my dream.

Regular readers will know I hurt my ankle a while back and to get myself back in action I have been doing a bit more walking now it is better, every night I grab my iPhone, plug in my headphones, get the dog and find out what is happening in the world of Zombies, Run.
It is dead easy to use, I have started off by listening to season 1, each season (season 5 has just come out) is made up of missions and each mission brings a new challenge. 

You act as Runner 5, one of the many runners from Abel township, a safe haven amongst the zombie hordes.  You are guided by Sam the comms operator on various different missions, he is ably assisted by Janine the tech expect, Dr Myers and a host of others. 
Each mission covers something different but there is a storyline that runs constantly throughout each episode that involves finding out how and why the zombies came to be.  An extra is that along the way you will pick up essential items ranging from sports bras to anti-depressants that have been left in the wilderness.  

Now I choose to walk at the moment but this can be used at any speed and if you are running you can switch on the zombies so you are physically running from them for extra frights.
There are also extra options such as training plans, race plans and other extra missions that allow you to explore Abel township outside the main missions plus you can also build your virtual base too as you go through the seasons.
I can't recommend this enough it is fun and it encourages you to get out and about, each mission is about half an hour but you can adjust that time up and down.

So what are you waiting for!? Will you become Runner 5?

Visit the website to find out more and download for Android or iPhone





Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:




Delivered by FeedBurner
Instagram

Random Redheaded Ramblings

Share:

6 comments

  1. This looks so fun, I might have to get this! Fleetwood Mac or Taylor Swift plus zombies is an interesting combo but I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can listen to whatever you want!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea! I was worried you HAD to run at first, so it's nice that you don't. I'm not a runner, though running from the zombies does sound like great motivation.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, no running needed but has made me walk further to find out what is happening!

      Delete
  3. Well, seeing that I can walk with this I might try it. The only way I would run is if I was getting chased by real zombies, or crossing the main street by in neighborhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran for the first time the other night in ages, OMG it was hard, zombies would have had me!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig