Sunday, 15 May 2016

The Sunday Post #48 - 15th May 2016


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I am going to recap my week, ramble about books and give you an idea of what I have coming up plus anything else newsworthy!




Hello everyone, I hope you are all well!

The sun has been shining on Scotland, well my part of Scotland this week and the heat as much as I have enjoyed it has made me incredibly lethargic to the point I wake up in the morning snuggled up to my Kindle.

I am reading the best book at the minute which I have to shout about called The Last Days of Jack Sparks which is by Jason Arnopp which he sums up with this pic...

The best way to describe it is The Exorcists meets Supernatural meets cocky English social media drug addled egomaniac and it has me shit scared already.  I freaking love it and if you like a fright check it out.

Also got some other scary book post this week in the shape of this, which sounds amazing but I am little scared to read it.  Jack Sparks has exorcism, ghosts and stuff, I can handle that but this book has something much worse....


Fucking spiders!!!!! Everything about it sounds amazing but I don't know if I can cope plus gotta hand it to the publicist at Gollancz who kindly put some plastic spiders in with my copy, I nearly wet myself.

Also in other news BEA is on I am already jealous at those lucky lucky people with ARCs of Gemina!! 

So this week is full of frights for me, how has your week been?



I listen to the podcast every night on my drive home and I hope to post my thoughts on the first years worth of episodes along with my review of the book too.


Seriously this book as I may have mentioned above is ah-may-zing and I plan to finish it today.

My picks from this week in years gone by!!


2014 - I reviewed Flotilla by Dan Haight

I have received physical and e-copies of some fab books this week, thank you to all the publishers for sending them! Also, some of them are my own purchases, the pics link to Goodreads for you to find out more!

NOTHING!!


NOTHING!!






 


Let me know if you have read any of them!
Happy Sunday!


Random Redheaded Ramblings

Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

22 comments

  1. Oh HECK no to the spiders. I'd also have freaked out at the plastic spiders before I realized they were plastic. I would definitely not be reading that book! The Jack Sparks one does sound interesting though. I've never read a legit scary book, but I wouldn't mind trying one like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack Sparks is an amazing read, I hope you try it!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the sun's been shining Heather!

    You've definitely been doing some scary reading. The Last Days of Jack Sparks sounds like an interesting premise! Not so sure about the ghosts etc....

    And yes, I too have had BEA envy. I've loved seeing some of the pics though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have me talked back into trying Nightvale again. I love how weird it is although it's almost TOO weird. lol I'm looking forward to your post on it, that should be fun. :)

    What is this fright week for you? :):) Enjoy the spookiness!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jack Sparks sounds super interesting. We had great weather as well up until yesterday. Now it is cold and rainy. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold and rainy here today, come back sun!

      Delete
  5. Gemina is the one BEA ARC that I'm super jealous of myself! Thankfully, it's not too long of a wait before it comes out.
    You got some super awesome books! The Jack Sparks book looks especially interesting.
    Enjoy the sunshine and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait on Gemina, so exicted!

      Delete
  6. Same here, the weather has been so warm here I am feeling lethargic, it's a wonder I got as much done as I did this week as I all I wanted to do was lie down and read. It's a bit cooler this weekend, so that's good!

    I don't like too scary books, so i think I will skip that one. I also saw pictures of BEA and it's hard not to feel a bit envious of those bloggers who are there meeting other bloggers and authors and getting new books. I hope you'll have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to check out this Jack book. I like a good scare every now and then and that pic the author made has me cracking up.
    I'm with you on the BEA-envy. Lots of good pics from fellow bloggers of their ARCs, I'm especially jealous of those that got their hands on Heartless.
    Hope you have a great week!
    Here's my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you've had better weather all the way 'up there' than we've had here down on the south coast! 'The Last Days of Jack Sparks' sounds amazing - but far too scary for me (I'm a wuss prone to nightmares). Have a great week. And this is my Sunday Post
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/sunday-post-15th-may/

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEA is back in NYC next year, so 75% chance I will be there. You should come over? I read Valley Of the Dolls about 11 years ago, and the sequel Shadow Of the Dolls. I loved them. I had seen the movie about a dozen times before that. Have you seen the movie? Spiders! I am fine wth small non-hairy spiders, but if their body is bigger than a thumbnail, or they are hairy... NO THANK YOU! That is a riot that they put plastic spiders in the package. Have fun reading about Jack. Ha ha. Have a fabulous week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to Linda, one year I will get there!!! I have never seen the movie, I'm doing the anniversary blog tour soon, can't wait!

      Delete
  10. I'm really curious about Dear Amy! I hope you enjoy it. And I could NOT handle The Hatching. I'm so scared to death of spiders. Even getting plastic spiders in my package would make me jump and throw the package! haah

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to handle it either Lauren, I need to be brave!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig