Sunday, 22 May 2016

The Sunday Post #49 - 22nd May 2016


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I am going to recap my week, ramble about books and give you an idea of what I have coming up plus anything else newsworthy!



Hello everyone, I hope you are all well!

I am tired and therefore cranky like the divine Miss Knope.

I blame the weather, it is hot one minute and cold the next, it really is like that Katy Perry song.

Needless to say my output this week by association has been lacking but I did stay awake long enough to write my awesome interview with myself about Welcome to Night Vale.

Another thing I have been doing whilst battling to stay awake is reading Justin Cronin's The Twelve before I get wired in to the last book, this series is crazy good, check it out.

In real actual life I have spent this weekend traipsing round town looking for random scarecrows, it is the scarecrow festival in town and there are so many great ones scattered about the town including this adorable one below.



Also my thoughts are with the families of all of those lost on EgyptAir flight MS804 which was lost on Thursday.

I'm off to bed have a good week everyone.






TO BE HONEST, I DON'T KNOW!
HOPEFULLY LOTS OF REVIEW!


Do I need to say anymore!?

My picks from this week in years gone by!!



I have received physical and e-copies of some fab books this week, thank you to all the publishers for sending them! Also, some of them are my own purchases, the pics link to Goodreads for you to find out more!


Let me know if you have read any of them!

Happy Sunday!


Random Redheaded Ramblings

Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

25 comments

  1. Minions! I like them even though I haven't seen the movie... and yay for Night Vale! I'll have to go check out your interview... I love how weird it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the weather is screwing with you like that, Heather! I hope it will warm up so that your body know what to do.
    Your new books look great, and I hope you'll enjoy them! Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, Apocalypse Z...I've seen this online but haven't grabbed it (yet!) I might need to take another look at the book blurb. I can never resist an apocalypse...Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling like a zombie myself today. My kiddo wouldn't let me sleep last night and I've been up since 3 trying to get her to sleep. :(
    Ooh, I keep hearing the best things about Cronin's trilogy. I have the first two on my shelf and still haven't gotten around to them but I'm going to make time before the year is over hopefully!

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the first two on my shelf for about two years before I got around to them!

      Delete
  5. Awwww.... love the Minion! Very cute. Sorry you've been cranky. I was actually cranky earlier tonight (early evening) but went and lay down for a bit and accidentally fell asleep. I woke at a weird time (like 6.30pm) so not sure I'll sleep tonight but I did feel better.

    Hope next week is a better one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be back for your nightvale post after I have a nap. I have been following them on Twitter, but never realized there was a book until a couple of months ago. I need to listen to the podcasts, too. I hope you are less cranky after your sleep. He he. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch the news, so I didn't know about the plane crash. I don't know the specifics, but I hope that the families are doing okay. I love that Minion scarecrow! I'm kind of obsessed with Minions, so that was a cute picture. Hope that you have a good week! :)

    ~Anna @Adventures with a Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Down here on the south coast, it's just wet and cold:(. I'm sick of it, thought the slugs and snails are thriving. Go Minions - love the thought there is now a minion scarecrow out there... I'll be fascinated to see what you make of the Daniel Polansky novel - I LOVED the Lowtown series. This is my Sunday Post - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/sunday-post-15th-may-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minions are ace, we need more minion scarecrows!

      Delete
  9. I love your "From the Archives" section; I haven't been a blogger for a whole year yet, but once I have been I may do something like that.

    My Sunday Summary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it recently but it is nice to revisit!

      Delete
  10. Apocalypse Z. Want that one! Cronin's series is one I'll be checking out too. Thanks for sharing your haul!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great week you had! Here's my Sunday Post:

    http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-sunday-post-meme-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see you getting all those The Wrath and the Dawn novellas! I have one of them and because I do love the first book I am looking forward to reading it. Oh, and I hope you can get some rest soon. Sounds like you've always been on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've been having thunderstorms most nights, which means I can't go walking. That makes me cranky too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig