Tuesday, 21 June 2016

BIZARRE BOOKS #34 - Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Whilst looking through the hundreds of thousands of books on Amazon I discovered hidden gems, books that maybe have been overshadowed and have not had the credit they deserve.

They may be a bizarre, they may be funny or even unintentionally funny, they may be wonderfully cute or they may just be a total WTF!!! book.

This weekly post is a tribute to these wonderful gems and to be honest some of them are worth looking at for their reviews alone!


(Please remember I am poking fun before I am shot down in flames!!)

A moody girl with issues, a moody boy with a secret thirst for blood.  God, she is moody, it p****s me off!

But what the hell with the whole sparkly vampire thing, no no no no no!  

This is on my list because vampires do not sparkle, they bite and snarl and sometime oooooze sex appeal.  Plus hello what about the whole "daytime" thing, no just no!

How do you like your vampires - sparkly or sexy?




Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

16 comments

  1. Neither!! lol although I'd take sexy over sparkly. Sparkles are just not something I associate w/ vamps... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparkles are something I associate with fairies and princesses!

      Delete
  2. LOL, give me a legitimate vampire over that sparkly bastard anytime, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the author is going by the original vampire novels where they can move around in the day but not in direct sunlight. I can forgive her for sparkly vampires as I think she wanted a totally different reason to have vampires avoiding the sun. If it is well written, I'm flexible on vampire type! Twilight was a decent enough read for me at the time but I think I'd find it too slow now. I'm more into fast paced zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faster zombies are miles better than sparkly sulky vampires!

      Delete
  4. I really liked the Twilight books when I first read them, but I'm not a huge fan anymore. I mean, they aren't terrible. Stephenie's not the best writer, but I feel like she tells a story well at least.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does an ok story but I have grown out of them!

      Delete
  5. Haha, you crack me up. I do prefer my vampires sexy though. I've read other versions that can walk in the sun just fine since I actually read a crap ton of vampire books lol (they're my favorite paranormal creature), but I think I do prefer the more classic night-dwelling kind too. And I never did like the sparkling thing. I suppose it's fair for authors to come up with their own versions of things, but that was too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sexy vampires yes, sparkly vamps no! Vamps should only be night dwellers!

      Delete
  6. My favorite vampire is Lenny the stuttering, electric blanket loving, vampire Physics teacher in The Medium. So I guess I like my vampires vulnerable. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vulnerable, that is a vampire I need to meet!

      Delete
  7. Bwhahahah! I have not read this (because the sparkles do seem completely asinine, and frankly, I can't NOT see Kristen Stewart when I think of this book and I cannot handle her.) Yeah vampires need to be... not sparkling. And definitely not milling around town in the middle of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen Stewart just spoilt it for me, I actually saw pics of her smiling the other day which was unusual.

      Delete
  8. Well, I'm gonna have to go for the option of saying that sparkling IS sexy :D Because I do happen to love this book and find Cullen to be incredibly dark and sexy hehe :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very dark and sexy but I just can't do Twilight anymore!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig