Friday, 24 June 2016

GUEST POST/BLOG TOUR - You Had Me At Hello by Lisa Dickenson

GUEST POST/BLOG TOUR - You Had Me At Hello by Lisa Dickenson

I can't believe it is nearly two years since I first read this gem of a book and I am so pleased that it is now out in beautiful paperback with a shiny new cover!

I awarded it 5 stars back in 2014, in fact hey why not read my original review over here and check out the wonderfully colourful covers it had!

Anyway I digress, maybe you want to know what this adorable book is about!


Full of sultry summer nights, hilarious moments and plenty of adventure, You Had Me at Merlot is a romantic, funny and wine-fuelled novel that will have you crying with laughter one moment and nodding your head in agreement the next.



Elle and Laurie are the last ones standing: they’re single, they’re not having babies any time soon and their weekends aren’t filled with joyful meetings about mortgages. For Elle, this is fine. She likes her independent life, but Laurie wants love and she wants it now.

So when Laurie begs Elle to come with her on a singles holiday to a beautiful vineyard in Tuscany, Elle is reluctant. She has no intention of swapping her perfectly lovely life for someone else’s idea of her Mr Perfect, but ten days under the Italian sun with her best friend and lashings of wine? How bad could that be?




Eeek, now the excting bit, the lovely Lisa has kindly written a guest post for me on the subject of..............



Holidays are good for the soooooooul, man.  I firmly believe that.  I think that a break from your regular life – from the office, from the household chores, from the commute, from the news (which seems to get more and more dire every day) – can help repair and revive you.  From the minute the wheels are put in motion to plan a holiday you have something to look forward to.  What new beachwear will you buy?  What food will you eat while you’re there?  Which books will you take?  Which hotel will you stay in, and, oh go on then; will you spring for the room with the view?  To me it doesn’t matter if it’s a gap year travelling the world or a week in a caravan watching the sun setting over Cornwall.  Hot or cold, relaxing or adventurous, as long as you can add a sprinkle of extra flavor into the melting pot that is your life, it’s all good with me.
                I know, holidays can sometimes be more stressful than you anticipated.  On my most recent trip abroad our gang had a wrong name on the ticket, a lost medical kit, and an accidentally abandoned bag at the airport… all before we even left the UK.  And I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve heard people in the office mutter “it’s not worth going on holiday for all the prep/catch-up you have to do”.  But it IS WORTH IT!  Take time for yourself.  Take a staycation, if nothing else, and watch hours of your favourite TV, unashamedly. 
                In You Had Me at Merlot, Elle is a worker-bee who needs a push to leave the hive of her London office.  So consider this your push.  Just do it, as Nike says, but I’m not nudging you to run a 10k.  I’m nudging you to take a break and see your country, your continent, your world.  I’m nudging you to spend some quality time… with you.  Because I bet you’re ace J


Share:

4 comments

  1. What a cute and bright cover, and it sounds like a fun book. I totally agree about holidays - or vacations here in the States. I think they are as stressful as people allow them to be. Sure, a lot can go into planning and getting ready, but sometimes people take it too seriously and want to control every little aspect. Just have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Holidays should be fun, not planned to the minute!

      Delete
  2. The cover looks very cute. I like the bright colors used on the cover. The four separate covers it had looked great too and have sort of a similar feel to this one. And I agree vacations or a break can be good for you, although sometimes stressing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa has such a great way with words and her books are always great fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig