Sunday, 19 June 2016

The Sunday Post #52 - 20th June 2016



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I am going to recap my week, ramble about books and give you an idea of what I have coming up plus anything else newsworthy!




I have decided not to go on about my life and what books I have read this week, I have decided to tell you how much I love Orlando.

The recent events in Orlando, the tragic events at Pulse, the death of Christina Grimmie and the loss of the young boy at Walt Disney World have I think, made us all hug our loved ones that little tighter.

I have been lucky enough to visit Orlando six times with our seventh family trip coming in 99 days time.  We know what we like and we like Orlando, we have travelled to other parts of the world, Australia, the Canary Islands, Cyprus but Orlando is our second home now and we save like crazy to come back year after year.

There are far too many things to list to back up my love but you know what every time I step of that plane I feel giddy with excitement.  

I don't want people to be scared to go there or to go anywhere, these horrible events cant stop us living our lives. 

Actually you know that list of things I like well here is a little taster....................................................................................................................warm weather.......sky writing.............................larger than life people..............Disney.........NASA.......shopping.......more shopping..........Five Guys Burgers.............IHOP...............Mickey...........fireworks.............big steaks...................crazy roadside signs.........................crazy rides............screaming my head off on rollercoasters........those little lizards everywhere...................big ass 4x4s................Ghirardelli's....................Land O Lakes butter.............strong coffee.............................


Happy Sunday!


Random Redheaded Ramblings

Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

16 comments

  1. Yeah I hear you on Orlando. Crazy. I never really get sick of Disney World lol there's always something to do there. Although it's been a while since I've been there. Glad you guys have a trip coming up!

    Big steaks lol. And I do kinda like the lizards everywhere when I'm in Florida. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love the lizards, hahahaha. This is a really nice idea for a post though, reminding everyone to be appreciative of our loved ones and the things we love. You're right, we can't stop living just because there are bad people out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is getting worse but we have to go on living. Thanks Kristen!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that you've said all this! I moved to Orlando recently and the events that have happened here in the last week really shook me up. I have had to take a step back, look at the statistics, and decide I'm not going to let fear control me!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't let it, Orlando is awesome.

      Delete
  4. Things like that can happen anywhere. All it takes is one person and that one person can be in a small town or a big city. I remember some one asking me if I go nuts because my son and his friends go to NYC so much. I asked them why and they said because of 9/11. I thought of all of the great things he has seen and experienced there and thought no. I am afraid of car accidents on their way there and back, but not terrorist attacks. A car accident is thousands of times more likely to happen, and none of us would ever go anywhere if we based not traveling on that. I also love NYC. I feel the same way about it that you feel about Orlando. I agree we still need to live our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to visit NYC too and no amount of terrorists will stop me. If these things stopped us we would never go anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I nearly missed your Sunday post this week as it took me to a later post.

    I've not been to Orlando but my niece is a huge Disney fan (now works at Shanghai Disney) and had been to the US a number of times and loves the place. I know a lot of her colleagues in China had worked in Orlando and were devastated at the events of last weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Shanghai Disney would be amazing!

      Delete
  6. I've never had the chance to go to Orlando...I'd love to see the Harry Potter theme park and Disney, buy lots of Harry stuff and buy a big Mickey Mouse to bring home! I have a tiny one but I want a medium sized or big one! I'm not sure I'll ever get there now which is a shame...it's sad to see the whole area going through such a rough spell right now and I feel sorry for the people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy a Mickey everytime I go in a different outfit, my holiday treat!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I've been to Walt Disney World once but I really do want to go back. I hope this doesn't scare too many people away from Orlando. It was tragic, all that happened in that city, but it's not the norm.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there will be people who will be put off but I certainly won't be one of them!

      Delete
  8. I've never been to Orlando but I really want to. And I think your post is a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig