Saturday, 30 July 2016

REVIEW - Resistance is Futile by Jenny T Colgan


Title: Resistance is Futile

Author: Jenny T Colgan

Publisher: Orbit

Release Date: 2nd June 2016

Source: ARC

Discover this summer's most irregular love story . . .

Connie's smart. She's funny. But when it comes to love, she's only human.

As a brilliant mathematician with bright red hair - Connie's used to being considered a little unusual. But when she's recruited for a top-secret code-breaking project, nothing can prepare her for working with someone quite as peculiar as Luke.



Science, humour, a fellow flame haired beauty and a hot geeky boy, sign me up for this one.  It sounds like my cup of tea.

The story follows Connie who is a mathematician, a really, really good mathematician.  As one of the only females in her field she is used to standing out and her career being considered far from normal but her life is about to get even stranger when she takes up a new position.

Her new job is not all that is seems and when she discovers a whole host of her fellow boffins working at the same facility it appears that something is afoot.

Of course the government are behind it, they have something that needs cracking and they want Connie and her peers to solve it, they don't need to know anymore than that but they are scientists and it is their job to wonder.

Whilst her fellow scientists ponder, Connie finds herself intrigued by her colleague Luke, who looks like a stereotypical science teacher from the 1970's, he is both adorably geeky and strangely sexy at the same time plus he is definitely hiding something, the question is what?

The boffins discover that the code they have been given to crack is world changing, of course I am not going to give that away but it is nicely done.  There is quite a bit of sciencey jargon and the scientists despite being super smart have very normal bitchy banter going back and forward.

This is a sweet, easy read and if like me you like your romance with added geeky science then you should enjoy this.

Thanks to Orbit for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.



Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

10 comments

  1. Sounds fun, I always like secret facilities and secrets being kept from the protagonists! And the title is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! Science and humor ... yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review this is the first time I actually heard about this book and it looks and sounds absolutely amazing and right up my alley. Thank you for your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the title and the cover to this book. Combined with the fact that I hadn't heard of it before, I just needed to know what it was all about! It sounds funny and sweet and like the kind of quick read I would enjoy as well. Thanks for the brilliant review x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig