Wednesday, 6 July 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY - Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, it spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s talking about!



Fans of Star Wars and Divergent will revel in internationally bestselling author Veronica Roth's stunning new science-fiction fantasy series. 

On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favoured by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not - their gifts make them vulnerable to others' control. 

Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?

Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra's currentgift gives her pain and power - something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother's hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows. 

Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive - no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra's world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. 

They must decide to help each other to survive - or to destroy one another.
I love Divergent, I got it when it first came out and I loved my first read so much I went to the beginning and read it again.  

The films I don't love so much but anyway I digress, I love Veronica Roth's writing and I am excited to see Carve the Mark is now available for pre-order with an early 2017 release date, Star Wars has been mentioned in the same breath, what more can i ask for?!



Random Redheaded Ramblings

Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

14 comments

  1. I'll be curious to see this- more science fiction than dystopian from the sound of it. I was wondering when she'd have a new one out, it will be nice to see what she comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it could be a good one. I will have to check it out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely excited for this one! The early unveiling of the cover only increased my excitement!

    Our WoW at Tales of the Ravenous Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Divergent books! I have mot watched any of the movies because although I thought the secondary cast was okay, I didn't care for Triss and Four, especially Four. It will be nice to see what she does with a SciFi. I heard that it is a duology instead of a trilogy. Have you heard that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the first film that much, it was ok I suppose. Haven't really heard much about the book but I have high hopes.

      Delete
  5. I loved the Divergent series so I can't wait to try another book by this author at long last!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig