Friday, 26 August 2016

REVIEW - Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Title: Gemina

Author: Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Publisher: Oneworld/Rock the Boat

Release Date: 20th October 2016

Source: ARC

Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminae continues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault. 

Hanna is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy's most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion.

Once again told through a compelling dossier of emails, IMs, classified files, transcripts, and schematics, Gemina raises the stakes of the Illuminae Files, hurling readers into an enthralling new story that will leave them breathless.
So I read Gemina.

It was ahhhh-mayyyyy-zingggg and I don't stretch out words like that for just any old book.  I am not one to fangirl lightly but this series has so far been breathtaking.

So what has been happening in the vastness of space since Kady and Ezra's shit hit the fan in Illuminae, well sweet f all is what has been happening to the bored resident of the Heimdall jump station.  

Now quick segue to the name, Heimdall, I totally imagine Idris Elba all god like strutting about when I hear that name, it is a good name, a name that means business but in this case, well in the case of Hanna it means being stuck in the ass end of space.

Hanna is the privileged daughter of the captain of the station, she has a cushy princess life and gets what she wants.  She has a hot, clever boyfriend, a designer spacey wardrobe and all manner of people at her beck and call, people like Nik.

Nik is part of a syndicate of criminals aboard the Heimdall but he isn't really a bad guy, he is however charismatic, handsome and when it comes to Hanna he has a very large soft spot.

They have great chemistry but hey she has a boyfriend so nothing is going to happen in that department.  Now when I first met Hanna I wasn't sure if I was going to like her, to begin with she was definitely not a patch on Kady but she totally won me round and you know what, there is a lot more to her than meets the eyes.  Nik, I found very likeable from the get go, plus he also sounds kinda hot which is always a plus!

Despite the boyfriend it doesn't stop Nik from trying to flirt with Hanna but their peace is about to be shattered, a shit load of trouble is about to land on their doorstep in the shape of the Hypatia.

Life on Heimdall is about to get a lot more interesting and no way in hell are you getting spoilers from me.

Gemina still has the same brilliant layout as Illuminae, which may not be everyone's cup of tea but me I find having the to turn the book upside down to read it a breath of fresh air and if it is good enough for Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter then it is good enough for me.  

Gemina is an incredible read, Illuminae was quite frankly hyped to death but it deserves that hype it was awesome and Gemina is totally deserving of all the pre-release excitement.  

It is a freaking amazing ride and heck I know it sounds cliched but it is, from the first to the last page its spell takes hold and quite frankly clear your schedule, cancel those appointments because Gemina demands your full attention and it will reward you for it.

Thank you to Oneworld/Rock the Boat for making my month in sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.





Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Share:

16 comments

  1. Glad to hear it's as good as the first one. I'm pretty anxious to see what happens actually on Heimdall, it sounds like the Beitech thing is going to go n for a while. Luckily it's not too far away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, its only what two months! I am excited for book three now!

      Delete
  2. I skimmed this because I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'm so excited based on what I saw about how amazing it is! I get nervous when a series has different characters in each book, but I have faith that these two can pull it off!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous too but it was so great!

      Delete
  3. So I guess I should finally read Illuminae??? I have it and need to do it - especially if Gemina is so amazing. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! I absolutely can't wait to read this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I’m so excited to read this book.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I need to read the first book already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so envious that you get to read it for the first time!

      Delete
  7. Oh it's always awesome to find reads like that. Yay for teh amazing ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if this book would be able to live up to what the magic was of the first one... but it looks like it managed to do that and a whole lot more! I'm glad you can love and fangirl about this series so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally fangirl, it is brilliant!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig