Wednesday, 2 November 2016

SCI-FI MONTH 2016 - Top Five......Favourite Robots


Robots, from the cute ones to the ones that are hellbent on destroying mankind are a huge part of the sci-fi genre.  

I have managed to pick five of my favourites, it was tough but here goes....



BB-8 has only been in my life for a short time but never has a robot since R2D2 being able to convey emotion by just a simple beep.  Quite simply the most adorable thing in the galaxy, I'd wrestle Poe Damaron for him!!  




R2-D2, small and sassy, the perfect companion and much more likeable than C3PO.  If I went to space, he'd be there with me.




K-9 is a Doctor Who legend, faithful, clever and cute as a button.  I think he should get his own bed in the TARDIS.




Bender, he is many things, notably a drunk and thief but he is a smartass and he does have a heart somewhere in that tin can chest of him.  He also has a shiny metal ass!




From a young age, they have scared me sh**less, I'm not so scared of them now but they are legendary and of course these days they come in all the colours of the rainbow.


Notable mentions for Marvin the Paranoid Android, the robot from iRobot, The Terminator and the entire cast (non-human that is) from Wall-E.

Tell me your favourite Robot below!!!



Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

24 comments

  1. Great list! Artoo is probably my #1 but BB-8 and Bender! are pretty awesome too. Nice to have a little attitude in the group w/ Bender ha ha! K-9 looks fu even though I haven't seen much Dr. Who... and the Terminator. Good pick on the slightly scarier side of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Terminator gives me the major creeps but man that first film was a classic!

      Delete
  2. My favorites are Marvin from Hitchhikers and R2D2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvin is so depressing but he is an iconic robot!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Bender! He's always been my favourite robot in sci-fi, along with the Terminator. I still haven't seen The Force Awakens yet but I definitely would just for BB-8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love BB-8, it took me a matter of seconds to fall for his charms.

      Delete
  4. What a great list! I love that you put Bender on here. I always loved that he was everything we didn't think robots should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a naughty robot but I love him to bits!

      Delete
  5. Great list! I love Bender! I could do without the Daleks, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this is a cool idea! I LOVED BB-8 in Star Wars, he was sooo cute and so funny. He had me cracking up a lot. R2-D2 also obviously.

    I really liked Wall-e as well, but that movie also made me sad. :(

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wall-E was on tv today! I think Disney love to tug at our heart strings.

      Delete
  7. I love that moment with BB-8! He was just so adorable throughout the whole film; R2-D2 was a hard one to live up to but I think they did well introducing another cute droid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he is like the cute robot benchmark but BB-8 nailed it.

      Delete
  8. Very cool choices! I would also add The Robot from the original Lost in Space tv show. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know he was on my original list but didn't make the cut!! I used to love watching that show, haven't seen it in years!

      Delete
  9. Great list! R2-D2 and C-3PO are my favorites but BB-8 is great, too! I also love Bender. It's been too long since I've last watched Futurama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bender is such a bad robot but I love him!!

      Delete
  10. No Wall-e?! That's who I thought of first when I saw the topic lol. But to be honest, he's probably like the only robot I'm familiar with :-P Well, I have watched Futurama but it's been a really long time. Same for Star Wars. Oh! Actually, I watched Star Wars Rebels for a while, and there was a robot on there lol. And there was a really awesome robot in Withered + Sere (a book, not a movie). Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is at the bottom Kristen along with his fellow robots!! I love Futurama but they always seem to be cancelling it!

      Delete
  11. YAS. I love this post! I agree with every single one, except Bender because I don't know Bender too well. I might have put the robots from I-robot in there instead... or maybe the Cybermen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo the cybermen scare me too!! Still have nightmares about them!

      Delete
  12. From this list, I would probably vote for Wall-E. Of those that aren't included, I would probably most like to add Johnny 5 from Short Circuit. (I hate picking favorites.)

    SF Movie Memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I forget about Johnny 5, he was so cool!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig