Wednesday, 9 November 2016

SCI-FI MONTH 2016 - TOP FIVE SCI-FI TV & FILM THEMES THAT AREN'T STAR WARS RELATED


So Star Wars does indeed have a killer soundtrack.

I love it, hell half my alert tones of my iPhone are Star Wars related but it does not have the monopoly on thematic awesomeness, nope it doesn't and here are some other faves of mine for your listening pleasure!



I don't know if Red Dwarf is shown outside the UK but it has been on for years here and has the catchiest theme tune ever......"It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere........" the kind of tune that sticks in your head for good reasons!



The music by Vangelis on the Blade Runner soundtrack gives me goosebumps, its so atmospheric and sums up the film perfectly.




I haven't watched the reboot but the first few series of the X-Files are sci-fi gold for me and that them tune is eerie as anything.



Classic music is not my thing but I do make a huge exception for this soundtrack, the contradiction of the classical music against the spacey goings on (tech speak!!) is iconic and haunting.



A lot of people haven't seen Sunshine but it is a great film and the soundtrack is just brilliant.  Check it out!

Notable mentions also go to Doctor Who, Star Trek and Firefly!

What is your favourite sci-fi tune?


Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

16 comments

  1. So happy The X-Files theme made it to the list. I agree it's awesomely eerie. The others I hadn't heard of until just now, but I can see now why they made the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The X Files is great so definitely had to include!

      Delete
  2. Sunshine! I was just talking about that movie on my blog the other week. You're one of the very few people I know whose seen it though! I've never thought to listen to the soundtrack, but you're right, that song is beautiful, and that scene is so powerful and is giving me goosebumps even though it's been years since I've seen the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sunshine (and Cillian Murphy!!!), it is one of the very underrated films that fly under the radar, it looks beautiful too.

      Delete
  3. I love the Blade Runner soundtrack! Good stuff. And I've never heard the Red Dwarf theme but it is kinda catchy. :) I do like the Sunsgine music as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really must properly watch Blade Runner again before they ruin it with the sequel!

      Delete
  4. Star trek! The original series sound track gets me every time. And also: Buffy and Angel. Those openings are still with me tho' they're more fantasy I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anything with something a little out of the ordinary I'll lump in to scifi!

      Delete
  5. Yes, I love this! Vangelis is excellent (also check out Pulstar if you haven't already), and Sunshine has some excellent music.

    If you want another great sci-fi soundtrack, look at Ex Machina. So haunting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Ex Machina, I'll check it out, thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love the 2001: a space odyssey one a lot. That's a great list. I had not heard few of them in the list before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the music for Doctor Who - it's just really catchy! I've never seen Red Dwarf, but a librarian I used to volunteer with LOVED the show, so people outside the U.K. are seeing it somehow!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Dwarf is excellent and that theme tune is so catchy!

      Delete
  8. I especially love the Blade Runner and The X-Files tracks! I've never seen Red Dwarf and I've never heard of Sunshine before now...maybe I should look into them. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely worth a watch, Sunshine looks beautiful!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig