Friday, 6 January 2017

My Blogging Goals for 2017


After having a month of at Christmas it got me thinking that I really should set some goals for the year rather than just my usual winging it and making it up as I go along.  I mean I do like living by the seat of my pants but I am in the zone so to speak about blogging just now and want to up my game.

Well this is my attitude just now, can I make it last all year long??!!

Anyway without further ado here is what I want to achieve!

BLOG RELATED
  • Request less NetGalley books and concentrate on getting the ones already downloaded read!
  • Increase NetGalley percentage from 35% to 50% (I'd go for higher but need to be realistic).
  • Earn the over 500 books reviewed NetGalley badge, have the 200 badge just now.
  • Actually comment on reviews on GoodReads
  • Up my game on Instagram, I'd like to have 1000 followers by end of the year, I have about 450 just now.
  • Increase my Pinterest reach from just over 4000 followers to 7500 by the end of the year.
  • Blog frequently about another subject - beauty, fashion, something....!
  • On Amazon.co.uk get in to the top 500 reviewers.
  • Buy another damn bookcase to house all those review copies!
  • Up my ante on Twitter from 1300 to 2000.
  • Finally read Throne of Glass
  • Not exactly blog related but I really want to do NaNoWriMo
  • Manage to get round blogs I enjoy more often.
  • Reply to comments quickly!
  • Master Google Analytics and figure out exactly what my terrible page views are.
  • Increase said page views.
  • Sort out my tags on the blog and delete ones that are no longer relevant.
  • Schedule so I have at least 10 posts waiting to go.
  • Finish my Florida trip report.
  • Review books faster.
  • Get better with graphics.
  • Lastly most controversially, only buy one kindle and one physical book at month, that is one of each kind!!



PERSONAL LIFE

  • Become a planner extraordinaire with my Happy Planner
  • Eat less crap
  • Get my inner Hygge on (cosy house)
  • Get me inner Marie Kondo on (declutter house)
  • Embrace my Kayla Itsines fitness plan
  • Start running again with Zombies Run
  • Learn something new everyday
  • Watch the last three series of Breaking Bad
  • Learn how to use the off road buttons in my car for when the bad weather comes so I can 4x4 like a total pro
  • Be happy
  • Make sure my family are happy and healthy 
  • Make sure my blogging self doesn't encourage my personal self to buy books


PERSONAL/BLOG LIFE

  • Remind myself that I am my own person and not to be disheartened by uber bloggers/vloggers/instagrammers with a zillion followers and perfectly clean houses as I am working mum of two kids who only blogs as a hobby and is doing perfectly fine thank you very much.
  • To not buy books............



So these are all pretty easy right, well apart from that one about buying books.  All going well I will revisit this in 2018 (which FYI is also the year I turn 40 so I may be a little fragile).  

Have you made 2017 goals?     Will you stick to them?

Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Share:

16 comments

  1. Those sound like a good goal! Netgalley is also one of my goals. Although I am not going to say anything about requesting new books, I can do that, as long as I get my percentage up I am already happy. I think I only have the 100 reviews badge, so i am impressed you already got the 200 one. I hope to keep increasing my reviewer rank on amazon.com, although getting in the top 500 there is probably undoable. It is nice to see my ranking go up now and then. And I like your be happy goal, that's so important! Those pictures made me smile, so accurate for us bookworms. And the not buying books definitely sounds like one of the hardest among these. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, I'll probably fail massively at the buying books one but hopefully I'll achieve something! Good luck with your goals!

      Delete
  2. I think these are all great goals. I've gotten pretty good at not accepting TOO many review books. I had a lot last year because of BEA, but I highly doubt I'll make it this year because of money, so I think I'll be able to read more of my own thing, so I'm excited about that. I do want to try and keep up with Netgalley though, because I get most of my LGBT+ books to review from there and I don't want to get too far behind. Good luck with all of your personal goals too! I have some for myself as well, but I mostly chose a word for 2017 that fits various things I want to work toward, so no specific goals I have to reach like "lose this much weight" or something like that, but I DO want to get healthier in a general sense.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I so want to get healthier, I eat too much bad stuff so have been stuffing myself full of good stuff the last few weeks! NetGalley is great but there is too much temptation on it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh Goodreads! I SO need to up my game there, although I started this week by updating some of my books. It's sad how I let that go. :) Commenting on Goodreads? People do that ?? lol

    I may get on netgalley too this year, I mean I bebop around there but I don't request ARC's but I'm going to start. "Eat less crap"! Yeah maybe that one too... ha ha

    Zombies Run! I remember that. Looks fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently people do comment, I struggle to keep up here never mind Goodreads but I will try to it!! Eat less crap is doable, as long as I eat salad before hand!!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, you sound like you're going to be very busy this year! I only have like 30 books reviewed on NetGalley lol, but that's because I just don't request much. Google Analytics has never worked right for my blog though, couldn't figure out why, so I just gave up :-/ I don't use that info for anything other than the stats I put on NG for publishers, so I just use the stats Wordpress provides. One less thing for me to worry about lol. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google Analytics always makes my blog look awful! My problem with NG was I think I went crazy requesting to begin with and have struggled to keep up!!

      Delete
  5. I feel like I need to find more time to like and comment on Goodreads reviews-I was sadly lacking in that last year as I concentrated hard on improving my blog and commenting on other blogs. I'd also like to spend more time on Pinterest as I love it but don't get much time for it. Need to try and tweet more about books and not stress about what is on the news! I had to add the Kermits to Pinterest...that just sums up my week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest I love and could happily get lost for hours on it. There is so much we can do isn't there but just not enough hours in the day!!

      Delete
  6. Those are some awesome goals! I love that your are planning to blog something else as well as books. I am doing that as well this year.
    I think remembering that this is only a hobby is tough, but you are so right. I have 4 kids and my house is never going to be in some magazine (unless I actually get worst parent of the year, but in my family there is some steep competition!)
    Good luck with all your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen and good luck with your non book posts too this year!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love these Heather and I can relate to a few - particularly the bloggy ones. I'd like to grow my blog as well and not sure what to do to attract more readers. I feel like I try to do the SEO thing etc... but growth is very slow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEO I think can take a long time to learn, which is why I have avoided it. I keep seeing lots of good tips and hints from some bloggers who have been on the go for 10 years plus, I think patience is a virtue too!

      Delete
  8. I reined in on the ARCs for this year, too. I want to get more personal reading done. I am taking a year off from worrying about stats, seeing that for some reason newer blogs with not even half my followers and waaaaaaay less hits a month are getting great ARCs and blg tours that I am getting ignored or turned down for. I do want to see if someone knows a publicist who will talk honestly with me because I am well over the stats I was told a couple of years ago were needed to get on bigger blog tours. A lot of them also have auto approval on Netgalley and I don't get that, either.

    I am cheering you on for your goals! Although I would recommend against the tidy home with two kids in residence because sanity is more important. Ha ha. I promise I will get back and comment on your posts I missed. I have been going around comment vomiting on blogs lately. I need to get some type of plan in place where I am not visiting blogs once every three weeks and commenting on a bazillion posts all at once! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I have always wondered about that, blogs that appear getting lots of things. There was a blog tour company that will remain nameless that is really difficult to get anything with, I just gave up in the end. I have auto approval with about six but these are mainly British publishers so maybe smaller market? I'm have a good relationship with a couple of PR's who approached me and one who I approached, its difficult and it can be disheartening but then I now think fudge it.

      Yep you are right about sanity so I bought another bookcase to tidy slightly so I get the best of both worlds! I feel bad I am trying to get a lot of posts scheduled so that is eating in to my commenting time, hopefully will get sorted out.

      Anyway Happy New Year!!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig