After having a month of at Christmas it got me thinking that I really should set some goals for the year rather than just my usual winging it and making it up as I go along. I mean I do like living by the seat of my pants but I am in the zone so to speak about blogging just now and want to up my game.
Well this is my attitude just now, can I make it last all year long??!!
Anyway without further ado here is what I want to achieve!
- Request less NetGalley books and concentrate on getting the ones already downloaded read!
- Increase NetGalley percentage from 35% to 50% (I'd go for higher but need to be realistic).
- Earn the over 500 books reviewed NetGalley badge, have the 200 badge just now.
- Actually comment on reviews on GoodReads
- Up my game on Instagram, I'd like to have 1000 followers by end of the year, I have about 450 just now.
- Increase my Pinterest reach from just over 4000 followers to 7500 by the end of the year.
- Blog frequently about another subject - beauty, fashion, something....!
- On Amazon.co.uk get in to the top 500 reviewers.
- Buy another damn bookcase to house all those review copies!
- Up my ante on Twitter from 1300 to 2000.
- Finally read Throne of Glass
- Not exactly blog related but I really want to do NaNoWriMo
- Manage to get round blogs I enjoy more often.
- Reply to comments quickly!
- Master Google Analytics and figure out exactly what my terrible page views are.
- Increase said page views.
- Sort out my tags on the blog and delete ones that are no longer relevant.
- Schedule so I have at least 10 posts waiting to go.
- Finish my Florida trip report.
- Review books faster.
- Get better with graphics.
- Lastly most controversially, only buy one kindle and one physical book at month, that is one of each kind!!
- Become a planner extraordinaire with my Happy Planner
- Eat less crap
- Get my inner Hygge on (cosy house)
- Get me inner Marie Kondo on (declutter house)
- Embrace my Kayla Itsines fitness plan
- Start running again with Zombies Run
- Learn something new everyday
- Watch the last three series of Breaking Bad
- Learn how to use the off road buttons in my car for when the bad weather comes so I can 4x4 like a total pro
- Be happy
- Make sure my family are happy and healthy
- Make sure my blogging self doesn't encourage my personal self to buy books
- Remind myself that I am my own person and not to be disheartened by uber bloggers/vloggers/instagrammers with a zillion followers and perfectly clean houses as I am working mum of two kids who only blogs as a hobby and is doing perfectly fine thank you very much.
- To not buy books............
So these are all pretty easy right, well apart from that one about buying books. All going well I will revisit this in 2018 (which FYI is also the year I turn 40 so I may be a little fragile).
Have you made 2017 goals? Will you stick to them?
Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!: