Thursday, 26 January 2017

REVIEW - Paper Girls Volume 2 by Brian K Vaughan and Cliff Chiang


Title: Paper Girls Volume 2

Author: Vaughan and Chiang

Publisher: Image Comics

Release Date: 6th December 2016

Source: Own Copy
The smash-hit series from BRIAN K. VAUGHAN and CLIFF CHIANG continues with a bold new direction, as intrepid young newspaper deliverers Erin, Mac, and Tiffany find themselves launched from 1988 to a distant and terrifying future...the year 2016.

I loved the first volume of Paper Girls, it was wonderfully full of eighties references from frizzy perms to MacGyver, could volume two be as spectacularly retro yet futuristic at the same time.

Well yes!

And no....the girls, well three of them find themselves in 2016 and the first person they meet (and if you have read volume one you'll know this already is) is Erin from the future.  

Erin from 1988 along with her pals are still trying to find out what the heck has happened to everyone who disappeared back in '88 and also where the alien dudes came from.  They also are trying to cope with 2016, all those buttons on remote controls, teeny tiny phones and those big tv screens.

This series continues to be awesome, it looks good, the girls are brilliant sassy characters and the story is progressing at a nice place, still a lot of questions to be answered and there is also a grand total of three Erin's in this volume, stay sharp whilst reading, jumps in time are always confusing, well for me they are.  

Anyway, fantastic read and roll on volume 3.




Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Share:

3 comments

  1. Three Erins? Sweet! I love all that time travel craziness! And going from '88 to 2016? Cool. I gotta get this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was written by Brian K. Vaughan. I don't think this would be for me, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get any of the 80s references since I was born in the 90s lol, but I'm glad you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing a lot about this one around and it sounds so good! I would love to read it myself. Especially as it will be interestingly funny to see them struggling to catch up with and handle the 2016 world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig