Wednesday, 22 February 2017

REVIEW - Eclipse Volume 1 by Zack Kaplan


Title: Eclipse Volume 1

Author: Kaplan, Timpano and Northrop

Publisher:  Image Comics / Top Cow

Release Date: 15th February 2017

Source: Bought own copy Amazon
Imagine if sunlight burned you alive. In the near future, a mysterious solar event has transformed the sun’s light into deadly immolating rays. The world’s few survivors now live in nocturnal cities. But a killer who uses sunlight to burn his victims emerges, and when he targets the daughter of a solar power mogul, it falls to a disillusioned solar engineer to protect her. Collects ECLIPSE #1-4.

I've read dystopians filled with aliens, floods, zombies, nuclear war, asteroids....you get the idea,but I don't think I have read one after a solar event.  

I'm sure someone is going to shout at me and say "what about this one?" and to you I say "thanks I'll add to my wish list", anyway I digress, I really enjoyed the latest addition to my graphic novel shelf, Eclipse!

It kinda reminded of WOOL by Hugh Howey, I think it was the suits that they wear going outside during the day and the whole being underground thing but of course the only thing these book have in common is the whole end of the world thing.

Set in NYC, it takes place 10 years after a solar event has burnt most of the world to a crisp, those left behind take shelter underground during the day only venturing out at night, those who find themselves out during the day well the wont survive long without an ice suit.

The premise is an old school murder mystery, a series of badly burned bodies are found, somebody is managing to get outside during the day without getting burnt to get rid of these people and that somebody has a list and on it is the daughter of one of NYC most influential men.

We follow Bax as he tries to get to the bottom of these murders but don't for a minute think this is going to be a straightforward case.

Eclipse not only has a great setting and story line, the art looks good too and really helps emphasise the city of NYC as a place you don't want to end up in during the day!

All in all this shows great promise and hopefully the next volume will be a strong as this one.









Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Share:

4 comments

  1. Never heard of this one, but seeing your mention yesterday and review today- I want it!! Ordering now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this, but I've been looking for more graphic novels to try, and this definitely sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha .. I can't think of one with a solar event either, but I know they're out there. Tis sounds good, hope the next one is too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love graphic novels and this one sounds amazing. I hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig