Monday, 20 February 2017

I've been watching #1 - Stranger Things Season One



So this week I got an email from Netflix offering me another free trial, an offer which I took up and I knew before I had even finishing re-registering what I was going to watch......


I was born in 1978 so my formative years were definitely during the Eighties, so when I heard about a supernatural new tv show that was wonderfully retro with a cool soundtrack, cute kid actors who give some adults a run for their money and the triumphant return of Winona Ryder plus a shed load of on edge moments well I was sold.  

Well apart from the fact I didn't have Netflix but the TV on demand gods heard me and you know what I might keep it on past it's month.  Anyway I digress!

I have only watched the first three episodes of this but I am already hooked, the sort of hooked which has me racing to wikipedia to find out about the cast, looking on Amazon for merch and the considering of creating a Pinterest board devoted to it.

In short I love it, it scared the crap out of me after five minutes, it scared the crap out of me about twelve minutes in but my god it is good.

The basis is a group of four best friends, one of them goes missing and the story follows the hunt for the missing boy whose mother is played by Winona, who is perfectly cast as the chain-smoking, slowly unhinging Mom.



I don't want to say too much about it in case you haven't watched it but it is the perfect fusion of retro supernatural horror with a lot of tween/teen angst and 80's theming.  I mean they closed with The Bangles one episode, whats not to love.

So if you are looking for something to watch that is a little bit special, try this.



Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:



Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

3 comments

  1. Dude Stranger Things is a trip! And the Bangleslol. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much an 80's girl...loved the films, the brat pack, the music...I think there is a good chance I might like this so I certainly want to see it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to watch this, but keep putting off my Netflix trial until I get another large Kindle tablet, so I can watch it in bed. Ha ha. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig