Sunday, 23 April 2017

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy narrated by Stephen Fry


Title: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Author: Douglas Adams

Narrator: Stephen Fry

Length: 5 Hours, 51 minutes

Source: Audible

Master of comedy Stephen Fry delivers a brilliant audiobook narration of the best-selling novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, written by Douglas Adams. Arthur Dent is a very British man having a very bad day. He discovers his friend is an alien and he's taken off earth just as it's destroyed to make way for a galaxy highway. To make matters worse, he hasn't even had his morning cup of tea yet. This ingeniously constructed story takes a humorous look at how something as precious as Earth isn't always appreciated until it's gone. A lighthearted and enjoyable listen. 
I am assuming that unless you have been living under a rock for the last few decades you will have heard of the Hitchhiker's Guide and you will know what it's about, heck you may have seen the tv show, the film, listened to the radio series or played the video game.  If you have no idea what I am talking about visit the handy BBC page.

Anyway after avoiding audiobooks for a considerable time I decided to take advantage of my free Audible trial and I downloaded this.

I love the book and I love this audiobook, narrated by Stephen Fry who quite frankly owns one of the best voices in the world...ever.  I mean I could listen to him happily reading the instructions for my washing machine.

He injects his own brand of dry humour in to the perfect telling of this fantastic classic.  Portraying each character perfectly from the the straight laced Arthur to the depressed Marvin via bonkers Zaphod, this is a highly enjoyable version of this iconic book.



Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Share:

8 comments

  1. I have been doing a lot of re-reads via audiobooks lately. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I love Stephen Fry and he DOES have a great voice. I think I'd enjoy this one - I loved the film, and I've been wanting to read the book.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen Fry has the best voice, I could listen to him for hours!

      Delete
  3. LOL about that cover... the covers always crack me up on these. Sadly I have never finished this book, but I must try again! Maybe I need the audio version?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of this novel before but I never thought about reading it myself. Seeing as it is highly recommended for those who love Doctor Who and Ender's Game, maybe I should give it a go ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig