Monday, 29 May 2017

Rapid Reviews #1 - Non Fiction


Sometimes you need to just get to the point, you don't need to go on and on and on and on about a book that you have enjoyed (or not).

This is what Rapid Reviews is for, my quick words of wisdom....

This week some non-fiction reads that have been on my pile.


Published by Penguin - 1st September 2016


The back cover says....


Who better than Meik Wiking to be your guide to all things hygge? Meik is CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen and has spent years studying the magic of Danish life. In this beautiful, inspiring book he will help you be more hygge: from picking the right lighting and planning a dinner party through to creating an emergency hygge kit and even how to dress.

It looks...

My hardback copy is beautiful, from that exquisitely typical Scandinavian cover with hints of golden foil to instagrammable photography and illustrations inside, this is perfect coffee table fodder.

The words are....

Interesting, it is a nice look at how the Danes live their lives and in turn made me want to extreme tidy my house and buy a tonne of candles and fur rugs then settle in for winter.

Who should read it....

People who like their coffee tables to look good, people who want to embrace the Scandinavian way of living and would be interior designers.

I rate it




Published by Penguin - 1st September 2016


The back cover says....


The secret to Marie Kondo’s unique and simple KonMari tidying method is to focus on what you want to keep, not what you want to get rid of. Ask yourself if something ‘sparks joy’ and suddenly it becomes so much easier to understand if you really need it in your home and your life. When you surround yourself with things you love you will find that your whole life begins to change.

It looks...

My hardback copy has a beautiful shell (maybe fan?) print cover with a minimalist title and lettering in gold foil, it also has a lime green band to keep the cover from flapping about.  Would look at home on that designer coffee table.

The words are....

Genuinely inspiring, yes it is a book about tidying but I found myself just picking a section that I wanted to deal with such as having an excess of books and followed her words of wisdom and I happily scaled down my collection.  It's also done wonders for my sock drawer.

Who should read it....

People who like their coffee tables to look good, people with an interest in Japanese culture, people with clutter problems.

I rate it




Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:



Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

4 comments

  1. This is a great idea. I am going to start reviewing one nonfiction book a month, next month. I think I would love the Spark Joy book. Something about hitting 60 has made me start wanting to down size. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've accumulated so much crap over the years, this weekend I'm going to be ruthless. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. I'd like to read one of Marie Kondo's books soon, I think I'd find them very inspirational (hopefully!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book to just pick at, it certainly made my sock drawer better!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig