Friday, 30 June 2017

REVIEW - Two Nights by Kathy Reichs


Title: Two Nights

Author: Kathy Reichs

Publisher: Random House

Release Date: 29th June 2017

Source: Net Galley

Sunday Times bestseller Kathy Reichs steps beyond her classic Tempe Brennan series in a new standalone thriller featuring a smart, tough, talented heroine whose thirst for justice stems from her own dark past.

Meet Sunnie Night a woman with physical and psychological scars, and a killer instinct . . .

Sunnie has spent years running from her past, burying secrets and building a life in which she needs no one and feels nothing.

But a girl has gone missing, lost in the chaos of a bomb explosion, and the family needs Sunnie’s help.

Is the girl dead?

Did someone take her?

If she is out there, why doesn't she want to be found?

It's time for Sunnie to face her own demons - because they might just lead her to the truth about what really happened all those years ago.


I'll own up to the fact I have never read a Kathy Reichs novel until now, I have however watched Bones the tv series and loved it.  I know for a fact I will love the Tempe Brennan novels but I need a whole heap of time set aside to read them as they strike me as a series that when you read one you need to go on and on.

Two Nights is not about Tempe Brennan, it has a whole new character,  one with a dark past, a need to be left alone and a thirst for justice, meet Sunnie Night.

Ah, I loved this, straight away the picture is painted of a young woman with a considerable back story and considerable talents.  I won't spoil to much of the story but she is approached by the family of a missing teenage girl.  She disappeared during the aftermath of a bomb explosion, one that killed her mother and brother.

Her extremely wealthy grandmother wants closure, where is her granddaughter? That is where Sunnie comes in and slowly she untangles a web that is so much more that a missing child.

Sunnie is a great character and I look forward to seeing her develop, you get the sense she has demons constantly following her which I am sure we will learn more about in the future.

A great addition to your crime/mystery bookcase.

Thanks to Random House/Cornerstone for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review.






Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:
Share:

3 comments

  1. Sounds pretty good, dark secrets that don't want to be revealed are always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like characters with some inner demons! Glad you enjoyed this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by this author myself but I have heard about how good her novels are, so I want to try one! I am glad this was another great crime novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig