Saturday, 29 July 2017

My Blogging Goals for 2017 - REVISITED!!!!


REVISITED!!!!

Ahhhh, with the start of a new year, new hope sprang in to my mind, I could do anything and what better way to prove I can do anything by posting on the internet for everyone to see what I aimed to do.

Its nearly August and I thought I should revisit my goals to see how things are shaping up and to basically have a laugh at my past self for being so full of unrealistic bollocks!

So without further ado lets have a look at this list, now with added notes which you will find beneath/beside each one in RED!

PS: It will of course be further ridiculed in December!!
BLOG RELATED
  • Request less NetGalley books and concentrate on getting the ones already downloaded read! - This did work for a while but NG has had a LOT of temptation of late and I have no willpower.
  • Increase NetGalley percentage from 35% to 50% (I'd go for higher but need to be realistic) - Nope in fact it has gone down 😞
  • Earn the over 500 books reviewed NetGalley badge, have the 200 badge just now - What was I thinking, maybe next year!
  • Actually comment on reviews on GoodReads - Just can't get in the habit
  • Up my game on Instagram, I'd like to have 1000 followers by end of the year, I have about 450 just now. - This is tricky as f***, I love Instagram but I still have roughly the same amount of followers, my images are crap!
  • Increase my Pinterest reach from just over 4000 followers to 7500 by the end of the year - OK I am making progress with this as I now have just under 5.8K followers which is on the right track!
  • Blog frequently about another subject - beauty, fashion, something....! - Yes I am blogging about my adventures with the Zombies Run 5K app.
  • On Amazon.co.uk get in to the top 500 reviewer - Ranked #1663 at the mo!
  • Buy another damn bookcase to house all those review copies! - I did and I could do with another one!
  • Up my ante on Twitter from 1300 to 2000 - Currently at 1414!
  • Finally read Throne of Glass - Nope not yet...
  • Not exactly blog related but I really want to do NaNoWriMo - Maybe one year but unlikely to be this year.
  • Manage to get round blogs I enjoy more often - Using DIGG to keep an eye on my fave blogs!
  • Reply to comments quickly! - Could be quicker!
  • Master Google Analytics and figure out exactly what my terrible page views are. - Too scared to look!
  • Increase said page views.- Trying my damnedest!
  • Sort out my tags on the blog and delete ones that are no longer relevant. - Slowly working my way through them.
  • Schedule so I have at least 10 posts waiting to go. - I don't have 10 but I do have some which is a vast improvement.
  • Finish my Florida trip report. - I'm in the process of booking Florida 2018 so more of hope of that trip report than this one!
  • Review books faster. - Mmm getting there....
  • Get better with graphics. - Found some great websites like Canva that are fantastic.
  • Lastly most controversially, only buy one kindle and one physical book at month, that is one of each kind!! - No comment, you can't prove anything...



PERSONAL LIFE

  • Become a planner extraordinaire with my Happy Planner - Its too big, I have bought a Ban.do one for this year.
  • Eat less crap - I'm trying.....
  • Get my inner Hygge on (cosy house) - It is slowly improving.
  • Get me inner Marie Kondo on (declutter house) - See above.
  • Embrace my Kayla Itsines fitness plan - Didn't like her so went with Blogilates instead which is much better and I genuinely like Cassey Ho who does it.
  • Start running again with Zombies Run - F***ING TOTAL RESULT, OH YES!!!!
  • Learn something new everyday - Today I learnt from The Rock what I can do with Siri!
  • Watch the last three series of Breaking Bad - #Failed
  • Learn how to use the off road buttons in my car for when the bad weather comes so I can 4x4 like a total pro - Yes I can and I went on a course AND I have a certificate and everything! 
  • Be happy - This isn't always easy but I do try.
  • Make sure my family are happy and healthy  - See Be Happy
  • Make sure my blogging self doesn't encourage my personal self to buy books - #totalfail


PERSONAL/BLOG LIFE

  • Remind myself that I am my own person and not to be disheartened by uber bloggers/vloggers/instagrammers with a zillion followers and perfectly clean houses as I am working mum of two kids who only blogs as a hobby and is doing perfectly fine thank you very much. - Totally my mantra!
  • To not buy books............ Why did I put this down so many times #guilt


So all in all if this was a school report it would be marked "Could try harder" but hey it's only July 😜!


Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:

Share:

14 comments

  1. Wow, that's a lot of goals! But I love that many of them are so specific, like getting x number of followers on social media. That makes it easier to figure out how good your progress is. I also had a goal of improving my graphics and I started using Canva too, a couple months ago. So far it has been great! Good luck on your goals for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I got a bit carried away!!

      I love Canva it is such great fun to use and easy too which is always a plus!!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Lolol about December! Reading goals? What reading goals ha ha? Seriously though I have the same problem on goodreads- I TRY to use it more, but it always seems to fall by the wayside. Ditto w/ Pinterest and Instagram! But hey you are running the zombies again, so you're not doing too bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, at least a couple of things on the list are checked, I think the euphoria from Christmas was still hanging about when I did this list!

      Delete
  3. It's so good to revise those goals and see what will or won't be able to work for you for the rest of the year. And to keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, though I was horrified to realise I still have a way to go!

      Delete
  4. The Kermit quotes pretty much sum me up! However since switching to trying samples a few weeks ago I've only picked up totally free books and one paperback so it might be working! I never bother about stats on my blog or social media. The only stat I bother with is my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even want to think what my TBR is! That is a really good idea about the samples, would certainly save a few quid spent on dreadful books!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you made a lot of goals. It sounds like you’re trying to achieve them, even if you aren’t succeeding quickly. I made goals at the beginning of the year, but I don’t even remember what they were. If I achieve them, it’ll be by accident.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a total accident for me as well!!

      Delete
  6. I love Instagram too, but I just am not good at it. I do love to visit and chat with those I follow though. You are a Pinterest beast though. I used to love pinning all day, but I just cannot manage all the social media demands, and I will not give up reading, so you know what they say, you get out of it what you put into it. You seem to be doing a better job than you are giving yourself credit for. I was thinking about blog goals when I saw a blogger bucket list, and I would love to reach 500 followers and have power readers join the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! Instagram I am just having fun with but a lot of people do take it mega seriously and they do have nice props as well!

      Social media can be all consuming, Pinterest was the catalyst that got me blogging in the first place so it holds a special place in the social media part of my heart!

      Delete
  7. Those are a lot of goals! You've made progress on quite a lot of them so that's something! I didn't make any resolutions this year and I kind of wish I had. It's nice to have something to check progress with even if the progress is not what you had hoped for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but I think I got a tad carried away!! At least some of them are coming to fruition albeit slowly!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig