Saturday, 29 July 2017

Running for my life - REVIEW - Zombies, Run! by Naomi Alderman & Six to Start


Title: Zombies, Run!

Author: Naomi Alderman & Six to Start

Publisher: Penguin

Release Date: 27th October 2016

Source: Own Copy

So I have had to go back to start with ZR5K so whilst I catch up with my runs, I thought I should share my musings on the Zombies Run book!
'OUR FIRST JOB IS SURVIVAL. IF WE SURVIVE, WE LEARN, WHEN WE LEARN, WE MAKE TOMORROW BETTER THAN TODAY. THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HUMAN: WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP ON GOING'
The zombie apocalypse is here. We have all lost a lot, but we are surviving. Together we will overcome the outbreak but we need every man, women and child to do their bit. This is an informational guide to help you stay fit and healthy in both body and mind during the crisis. It includes:
Indoor activities that build the strength, stamina and flexibility you need to survive contact with the zombie hordes
- Expertly-designed running, cycling and swimming programmes to build up your distance safely when venturing out for supplies
- Advice on nutritious meals when resources are sparse and treats need to be rationed
- Tips on building and maintaining a community and remaining fit of mind when humanity is pushed to the brink
The advice within the pages of ZOMBIES, RUN! will prove the difference between life and death in the coming days, weeks and months. Humans are wondrous beings; this is not the end of us.
WE CAN BECOME STRONGER. WE CAN BECOME FITTER. AND TOGETHER WE WILL SURVIVE.

So I am a longtime fan of the Zombies Run series and of late I am working my way through the Zombies Run 5K app.

Now the thing I love about the ZR series is not only is a more novel way to get fit, it also has a story that is updated with each instalment.  The more you run (or walk or shamble) the more you find out about the survivors of the zombie apocalypse.

The ZR book is basically a book that tells you how to safely keep fit when the world has been over run with the shambling undead.

It has segments from some familiar faces (voices?) which gives you a little bit more insight in to their back story, apart from that it is full of survival and fitness hints and tips.  It tells you had to safely build up your fitness without attracting those pesky zombs.

It does complement the apps perfectly but if you buying this thinking it purely a novel, it ain't!  But it is a great addition to the series and for a fan like me was definitely worth a peek.





Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:
Share:

6 comments

  1. I don't have access to the app so I bought this a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will help me get in shape for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly helping me, some things that wobbled don't wobble as much anymore!!

      Delete
  2. If this was a novel I'd be all over it. lol but it still looks fun! At least the zombies themselves don't run (um, right???) or we'd all be REALLY screwed! I would miss pizza and Chinese takaway though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would miss proper coffee and showers! I don't know some zombies can fair shift, in 28 days later they go like billy-o!

      Delete
  3. I love how this book is the perfect balance of it being fiction but also inspiring toward fitness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig