Wednesday, 2 August 2017

Running for my life - Zombies Run 5K - Week One Take 2


Over the last few years I have dabbled with running, every time using Six to Start's awesome Zombies Run and Zombies Run 5K app, each time I have failed miserably.  I would diligently go out and try my best but I think the most I managed to last was a month.  I have no willpower.

I am a failure.

But that is not the attitude and I don't know what is different this time, it could be the fact I have bought a decent sports bra and a hands free dog lead which FYI is the best thing ever.  These two simple things along with some spark inside me screaming at me to get going has led me back to Zombies Run 5K.

Zombies Run is excellent, the combination of story and exercise, ZR5K takes those same elements but puts you through 8 weeks (with three chapters/workouts a week) of turning your lack of running to a whole 5k of running. 

Can I make it to week 8?  Well I thought if I posted to the internet my weekly progress it would help me get there.
ZR5K - WEEK 1 TAKE TWO

Gosh darnit, I hate technology some times.  You know you are getting along swimmingly and the bam those pesky developers decide to make an already great app better.  But there are little niggles with the update.

Anway, I have it working again but I got so pissed off with it, I reinstalled, wiped my progress and started again from week one.  I suppose I threw my dummy out the pram - #firstworldproblems.

It is still not working perfectly but to be honest it felt good to be revisiting week one just that little bit fitter than before and going back over the basics.

You know what though, I do feel fitter, which I'm amazed at.  There is a set of steps that I occasionally walk up on my dog walking route and before they used to burn like buggery when I walked up them but that seems to have gone away.  

So all in all I am happy with my progress, even if that progress has taken me back the way!


Don't miss a post!! Enter your email address for my posts straight to your inbox!:
Share:

8 comments

  1. I don't have a lot of willpower when it comes to working out in any manor, let alone running. We live up in a mountain, so there really isn't anywhere to run. I would like to get a treadmill though. Good luck!

    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run!!! Ha ha at least the zombs haven't gotten you yet, you must be doing something right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I am definitely keeping them at arms length!

      Delete
  3. I'm just starting on a change of diet to hopefully start getting into some kind of shape...other than just being round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diet I think is more difficult to change than exercise, like the thought of given up chocolate!! Good luck though!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your running. I finished Couch to 5K, and now I’m doing Couch to Half-Marathon. So far, it’s not going well. Running is hard.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow couch to half marathon is amazing, but I agree it is hard!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it and will make the time to come and visit your blog, maybe not today but soon as I am always behind!

Sorry due to lots of Spam I am moderating all comments - no spammers I don't want to buy whatever it is you are selling!

© Random Redheaded Ramblings | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig